The translational work carried out by the Center on Trauma and Children is organized around a central theme and collaborative efforts and interaction among independent projects and their investigators to achieve a common goal. These projects involve:
- Mechanistic studies designed to identify predictors of adverse outcomes in children exposed to maltreatment, traumatic events and violence.
- Behavioral health services outcome research.
- Community-based participatory research.
- Translational studies on the efficacy and effectiveness of tools and interventions to address secondary traumatic stress and related conditions.
- Epidemiological research on the incidence and prevalence of maltreatment trauma and violence against underrepresented subgroups of children.
- Implementation studies designed to understand how evidence-based practices are implemented and taken to scale.